This past winter, do you remember returning from a hard day of work to a home that enveloped you in the kind of warmth that only a draft free home can provide or to one in which you felt a constant draft? While only about half of our winter days have temps well below freezing, if you felt that constant draft, it’s because of that gusty, cold arctic air for which our winters are famous. Your windows should be your best asset in maintaining your home’s winter defense, but if your windows are functionally challenged and allow drafts to enter, perhaps it’s time to consider their replacement.
Belk Builders specializes in upscale window replacement for your home, so you can keep those gusty arctic blasts from sneaking in. We only install top-quality insulated and ENERGY STAR rated replacement windows, manufactured by best of the best in the industry, with names such as Andersen, Simonton, Pella, Alside and many more! In addition to protecting your family from the cold air and making your home more energy efficient, vinyl replacement windows also provide these benefits:
- Heat Transfer Resistance – They are excellent at stopping heat from getting indoors during the summer and equally good at trapping warmth inside during the winter. This helps maintain the ideal temperature in your household, maximizing your family’s comfort level.
- Cost-effectiveness – Vinyl is one of the most practical materials in the market due to its versatility and sheer number of applications. Compared to glass, metals, wood, leather and fabrics, it’s very cost effective. If you go for vinyl, you get all of its benefits without necessarily breaking the bank.
- Eye-pleasing – Available in all sorts of shapes, sizes, colors and textures, this variety gives you a great deal of freedom in designing your windows without having to worry if the vinyl will look good with it. It’s your house and the design should suit your taste. Vinyl will adjust to whatever style you may fancy.
- Draft-stopping – Because vinyl is airtight, it restricts airflow in areas of your home where air movement is unnecessary. This helps you eliminate uncomfortable drafts from small holes and gaps between windows and walls.
- Weather Resistant – Vinyl window replacements hold up well against rain, wind and snow. They are finely crafted products that are virtually as tough as leather and can last for years without signs of wear and tear.
In addition and for even more energy efficient options, your replacement windows can also include a low-e glass coating or Argon gas between panes of glass in replacement windows. These specialty windows are created to neutralize the effects of changing weather on the inside of your home.
In regards to energy efficiency, adding a low-e coating to the window glass offers more because it reduces solar heat gain. It does this by minimizing the amount of ultraviolet and infrared light that can pass through glass without compromising the amount of visible light that is transmitted. Low-e coatings provide various performance levels and the glass can be used in a variety of ways including single glazing, laminated glass or double glazed windows.
Argon gas windows feature a sealed unit that is filled with gas between panes of glass to increase energy efficiency. Argon is an inexpensive, non-toxic, odorless gas that is used to prevent frost from occurring at the bottom of the window and at the same time will increase its sound proofing characteristics.
You may not think that right now is a great time to replace windows in your house. After all, the bone chilling weather of winter hasn’t even arrived yet. But did you know that you could have your windows replaced at any time during the year? By hiring a professional contractor like Belk Builders, your project will be completed in no time.
We, at Belk Builders, pride ourselves in offering our clients professional, no-hassle window, siding and roofing replacement services. It’s our goal to provide our customers with a seamless experience no matter their type of exterior projects. We’ll handle your project from beginning to end, creating as little stress for you as possible. Contact us today to explore your options for vinyl replacement windows and think of your home as cozy instead of drafty. You can call us at (704) 400-4710 or email us at email@example.com.
Siding, Window Replacement, Roofing & More!