Fall means vibrant red, orange, and yellow foliage, plenty of pumpkins, and refreshingly cool temps. But, it also means winter isn’t far away and as a homeowner you’re probably already preparing your home for the change of season. While doing so, if you discover that your windows are drafty, outdated or functionally “challenged”, perhaps it’s time to consider replacement.
Similar to your roof, flooring or appliances, over time, your windows may need to be replaced. This is especially the case with many “builder grade” or mid-to-low grade windows. Consider the condition of your windows while preparing your home for seasonal changes and ask yourself the following questions to make sure they are still operating correctly:
- Do you have trouble opening or closing your windows?
- Are the frames bowed, sagging or bent?
- Are the locks broken or malfunctioning?
- Are your windows unattractive or difficult to maintain?
- Can you feel a draft when near your windows?
- Do they accumulate condensation on the interior or between panes?
- Do they leak during rain or times of inclement weather?
If you can answer yes to one or more of these questions, chances are, you need to replace your windows now to improve your home’s efficiency before winter arrives. Belk Builders specializes in upscale window replacement for your home. We use only the best replacement windows on the market, all being top-quality insulated windows and all ENERGY STAR rated with names such as Andersen, Simonton, Pella , Alside and many more! In addition to making your home more efficient, replacement windows also provide these benefits:
- Curb Appeal– Older windows on your home may look outdated or unattractive. Changing out the windows with new replacement windows will help give your home an updated look and improve the curb appeal.
- Enhanced Safety and Security– New windows are smoother to operate while opening or closing and include double locks and stronger glass for high impact resistance.
- Noise Control– New windows reduce the outside noise transmission into your home promoting a quieter, more relaxed interior for you and your family.
- Energy Efficiency– Replacement Windows will offer improved energy efficiency for your home. Older windows tend to have air leaks and let drafts into the home. The improved efficiency can help cut costs on heating and cooling bills!
- Reduced Fading and Enhanced Longevity of Your Home’s Interior– Whether it’s your furniture, carpets, artwork or curtains or even hardwoods, sunlight can rob them of their original contrast and color. Low emissivity, or low-E windows have window panes coated in microscopic layers of metallic oxides, which are invisible to the naked eye, allow in as much natural light as possible and protect your home from unwanted UV rays. In addition, maximizing the amount of natural light that enters a home also boosts the health of everyone who lives there.
Value– New replacement windows will not only make your house look more appealing, but they are an investment that will add to the total value.
- Ease of Use– New windows are easier to clean because most are built with a tilt-in feature allowing you to wash the exterior of the window while still inside, instead of doing so from the outside of the home.
- Low of No Maintenance – Windows now come with great low maintenance features – including no painting!
If your windows to the world no longer enhance the facade of your house, shield it from the elements or filter out noise, now is the time to replace them! Belk Builders offers five different types of window replacements to suit your needs, taste and budget. Each style is customizable with several choices of arch styles, shapes, colors and energy-efficient options.
If you looking for the right company for your replacement and window upgrade needs contact Belk Builders at (704) 400-4710 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free evaluation today! Financing is also available through GE Capital Finance.
Siding, Window Replacement, Roofing & More!