As a leading Charlotte upscale home exterior and roofing contractor, Belk Builders can offer customers unparalleled choices and service for specialty roofing as well as traditional roofing. Although asphalt/composition shingles are the most popular choice nationwide for roofing, for many of the Queen City’s upscale homeowners, specialty roofing materials are gaining popularity for their beauty and unsurpassed durability.
If you haven’t considered the possibility of a specialty roofing material such as metal or tile, you may be surprised at its value and affordability. Many homeowners are finding that specialty roofing options make sense as a long-term investment in their home. For example, metal and tile roofs may double the life of your roof, add value to your home, lower your insurance bill and reduce utility bills; not to mention the distinct beauty of these stunning roofs. Specialty roofing material choices include:
- Copper – Accent copper roofing is elegant and environmentally friendly and just loaded with benefits. This type is recyclable, lightweight, versatile and durable and although the price tag is higher, these benefits are worth it. A coppersmith is a rare find these days, but Belk Builders is proud to offer its Charlotte-area copper experts to design the one-of-a-kind roof you’re wanting.
- Metal – Benefits like durability, beauty, energy efficiency, added property value and insurance savings are making this selection popular as well. Because of their durability, metal roofs offer a significant cost savings over time. They require little to no maintenance, and stand up to weather conditions with ease.
- Terra cotta (tile) – One of the oldest types of roofing in the world which adds character and interest to the appearance of your home. This roofing medium is popular on Mediterranean style homes. A well cared for roof of this type can last for over 100 years. Durability is probably its biggest advantage, closely followed by the large variety of shape sizes and colors in which it is available.
- Wooden shake – Cedar wood is long-lasting (at least 10 years longer than common roofing material), making it an ideal roofing material. It’s greatest advantage of all is the natural beauty of cedar and the way in which it gracefully ages into a beautiful grayish silver tone
- Composite polymer (a specialty roofing material that looks like terra-cotta) – Advanced materials and manufacturing technologies give the synthetic products better resistance to weathering, greater durability, and longer lifespans than real slate or cedar,
- Vinyl (made from recycled vinyl that looks like wooden/cedar shakes)
Specialty roofing is used to either replace or upgrade an existing portion, or architectural roof portion you want to draw attention to — in most cases. One of our most recent roofing replacement projects in the Ballantyne area included a “bow-window bump out” roof with copper. Considered a very delicate material, copper comes in rolls which must be handled with care and requires a skilled professional to work with it. Each section has to be “bent rolled” by hand, making extensive experience almost a prerequisite of working with copper.
When looking at specialty products like copper, tile, slate, metal and synthetic materials, it is more important than ever to find a roofer that is experienced, dependable and honest. Specialty roofing installations can be major construction projects that are best left to the pros. Belk Builders has extensive experience with all types of upscale specialty roofing and we are fully licensed at both the state and local level. We are also bonded and fully insured.
If you are considering upscale roofing replacement for your Charlotte home, and are looking for a reputable company that believes in a job well done, start to finish, contact Belk Builders at (704) 400-4710 or visit our website today for a no-obligation, no cost look at all of your roofing options
“Belk Builders siding, window, roofing and more!”